Fort Worth Marathon FAQ
All finishers receive medals (belt buckles)
Yes, you will receive a T-shirt
NO. There are no official pacers or pace groups.
Only bikers that go out with the lead runner and a biker that follows the last runner of each group.
Packet Pickup Information:
Saturday, November 9, 2019, 10 am - 5pm
Sunday, November 10, 2019, one hour before each race start
Yes, the Expo is both Saturday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m.- 1 p.m.
It’ll be about 50F (possibly upper 40’s) at start, and low 70s by race finish. Dress in layers.
Concrete trail for 22 miles, 4 miles of street asphalt. There is an optional 10 miles of crushed limestone in the middle.
Sun only an issue coming back for about 8 miles along the River trail.
22 total (11 out, 11 back) every 1 – 1 ¼ mile.
Yes there are several porta-potties on the course (with toilet paper).
There will be 2 cheer areas along the course (Cheer Maps) one at Tilly Bridge off of Forest Park and across the street from Hoffbrau on University Dr. You can bring portable chairs along the finish line area.
Walkers for Full course at 6 am - The water stops will not have water until after 7 am. If you start at 6 am be prepared and bring your own water.
Full Marathon 7 am
20 miler 7:30 am
Half 8 am
Yes, Parking is at the Start/Finish line. You can leave your gear in your car and check your key before the race. There is also bag drop at mile 5 marker. Your belongings will be sorted and tagged. You’ll collect them at Panther Island Pavilion after the race. We’ll have security watching over them.
Course closes at 1 PM.
Yes, they will be downloadable from the Past Events page.
Yes, G2 Gatorade
While on the trail (20 miles): Yes, one ear only please.
While on the street (6 miles): NO, on street aren’t allowed for your own safety.
Yes at bag and key drop location at Panther Island Shack.
Yes shirts can be exchanged after all racers have registered and received their shirts. We want to make sure everyone gets the shirt size they asked for when they registered.
Yes. Movin’ Pictures will be providing photography for the race. You may visit their website http://www.movin-pictures.com.
Sorry no strollers allowed, it is for your own safety. The course is to narrow with the amount of runners we have.
Refunds, Transfers/Deferrals, and Race Changes:
- Refunds available subject to an admin fee of $10 through August 31 and an admin fee of $15 from September 1 through October 31. Request a refund via Athlete 360. *** NO REFUNDS AFTER WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31 - NO EXCEPTIONS. ***
- If you can’t attend, you may request a Deferral to next year’s event through November 6. Otherwise, please consider your registration fee as a donation to the Run Like a Cheetah program.
- Due to the availability of refunds, Transfers are not necessary and not available.
- Race distance changes are subject to an admin fee of $5 (plus the price difference, if any) through August 31 and an admin fee of $10 (plus the price difference, if any) for race distance changes from September 1 through November 6.
- Race changes (NO REFUNDS/DEFERRALS ) can also made be at Packet Pickup for a fee of $10 (plus the price difference, if any) CASH.
- No changes (and no refunds/deferrals) on Race Day!
Yes, Go to www.athlete360.com.
Yes $125 cash, check or card.
How do I donate? The Run Like A Cheetah kids program. We fight Childhood Obesity. Donations can be made by check, made out to Run Like A Cheetah. Sent to the office 5358 W. Vickery Blvd Fort Worth, TX 76107.